Sunday, October 31, 2010

Everyone Hail to the Pumpkin Song


Happy Halloween!!!  This has been a quiet holiday for us.  No costumes (unless you count my cat-ear headband) and no parties (my Halloween-obsessed friend R is trying to sell her condo so no annual house of horrors).  However, we have engaged in some festive (and when compared to R's, boring) decorations.


We've also done up our porch for the trick-or-treaters with a variety of pumpkin artwork.  Here are our makeover candidates.

As if our kitchen wasn't orange enough already.
Here's Mr. flyskim designing his masterpiece.
The puking pumpkin was not my idea.  We can blame that on Mr. flyskim.  I carved the pumpkin on the ground looking horrified.  Because I really am, a little. 


 And here we have my haunted house pumpkin (thank you Martha).


We'll light them all up tonight, lock up the cats and hand out candy by the fistfuls.  I'm hoping the weather holds. Few things are worse than trick-or-treating in a rain storm.  Anyway, I hope you all have a wonderfully spooky Halloween.  I just need to put a second sleeve on Vogue 1193 and hem the skirt and sleeves.  I have great hopes of wearing my new dress to work Tuesday, so look for the post.

No comments: