Friday, October 29, 2010

What Were the Judges Smoking?!?

Because it had to be some pretty good shit.

MONDO WAS ROBBED!!!

I'm a veteran watcher of competitive reality television, and I don't expect a show's judges to agree with me even a part of the time.  (Ask me how many times I've correctly predicted the outcome of America's Next Top Model.  Twice.)  But I always hope that the decision will at least have some basis in logic (high expectations for what is essentially a game show, I know).  But nothing can explain this except for drugs.  I mean, how else can you justify handing a large cash fashion design prize to someone who created what was, when it came right down to it, high-end Chicos wear?  I know that a lot of women love Chicos (T, I'm looking at you when I say this.  And, oh yes.  Hi Mom!), but not me.  

These were not wearable, on-trend clothes.  I for one have no desire to wear granny panties, boxy jackets and pleated pants, and if this is truly where fashion is going, thank God I sew.  Project Runway and Lifetime?  I wash my hands of you.  Marie Claire?  You are dead to me.

2 comments:

Sewtellme said...

Watching the deliberations and then the final choice made me wonder whose show is this Heidi. Grethen's collection was boring and unwearable. I thought it was odd how Nina kept talking about how young Mondo's collection read. I know Nina is 45 (close to my own age) but does fashion have to read grandma?

flyskim said...

Sorry I haven't replied sooner. You're my first comment ever, and I just checked my email for the first time this week. I know. How was Heidi not able to have a bigger say in the winner? And you're so right about mature fashion not needing to come across as grandma. I didn't think Mondo's collection looked Juniors at all.