Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Let me say right up front that I love my job.  Really.  It's interesting and involving.  I have great co-workers.  It gives me someplace to dress up for otherwise I would live in jeans, and it pays me.  For doing something I really like.  So it always surprises me that I get so excited when I have a few days off.

Starting this morning, I am officially on vacation for the rest of the week, and Mr. flyskim is off work starting tomorrow.  We don't have anything planned other than pumpkin carving, a little baking and watching scary movies.  I'm going to be hard at work on Lady Grey (I'm just starting to pad-stitch the hair canvas onto the second front collar) and hope to have the shell put together by the end of the weekend.

I've also been fitting Vogue 1193, and I should have a progress report in the next couple of days.  I'm kind of at a loss about how to alter the skirt because of the pleating (blast you multi-sized patterns that break at size 12), so I'm pretty much winging it. 


And lastly, I'm working on two skirts for my sister-in-law as a birthday gift.  Yes, her birthday was months ago, but she hasn't called it in until just recently.  Muslin fitting on Sunday.  Must be ready.



And as we head into fall and winter, I'll leave you with my greatest hope for this La Nina year.  Our street knee-deep in snow.  Okay, maybe only ankle-deep from the look of it, but I remember we had to walk in the street because it was packed down, unlike the unshoveled sidewalks.  I took these pictures in December 2008 while walking to the local dive bar with Mr. flyskim for lunchtime gin and tonics and greasy burgers.  That was a good day, and I hope to have another like it this year.

No comments: