Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Trick or Treat (part 2)

My friend R calls Halloween her Christmas.  She starts decorating her home on October 1st and often needs that much time to get everything up and running.  She even has an extra storage unit to house all of her Halloween paraphernalia.  Her boyfriend even threatened to end things one year if she bought anymore Halloween decor.  When she realized that Halloween was on a Saturday this year, she pulled out all the stops.  We found this balanced on the top of our mailbox one evening when we got home from work (Mr. flyskim thought I had ordered something even though I was not supposed to be shopping at the time).



Unfortunately, R didn't think to require the finger for entry.  Here's the view that greeted you walking in the front door.



 

And the living room.



 

Yes, that's a giant eye on the screen.  Unfortunately, I didn't get a picture of R's most recent addition in her studio because she had tarot readings going on in there, but it was a life-sized human figure wrapped in spiderwebs and suspended by his feet from a giant web complete with huge spider.  There were portraits that changed as you walked by them, crows perched on the curtain rods and bats hanging from every ceiling vent.  And I'm so used to the bathroom, that I forgot to take a picture of the dismembered corpse and the sound activated rat in a trap behind the toilet. I did, however, get a great picture of R in her Black Widow costume.



And of our friend M as Wonder Woman and sister-in-law V as an angel.  Brother-in -law G-man )(not pictured) was a Ghostbuster.



And here's Mr. flyskim at the buffet.
 


Behind him you see Jack Sparrow's younger, better-looking brother.  At least that's what we were told.  I should have taken more pictures.  I usually do, but we were having too good a time.  Next year, R is talking about getting a low-lying fog machine.  I guess it's never too early to start planning.  I hope you all had a great holiday.  Now, onward to Thanksgiving!

No comments: