Saturday, February 13, 2010

I'm Not Dead Yet


Well, that was an unintentionally long break.  Let's just say I got totally derailed when we got a computer virus, and the computer had to go to the tech hospital for a few days.  By the time it came home, I had lost all blogging mojo.  I tried to get back in the swing, but every time I sat down to post, I convinced myself that I had to fill in everything that had transpired including finishing the dining room, spending a week confined in a cabin with my 64-year-old mother and 98-year-old grandmother, Thanksgiving, Christmas, Orthodox Christmas.  It was all too overwhelming, and I just couldn't.  But then it came to me.  I could just skip it.  And so I am.  I've been hard at work.  As noted above, we finished the dining room, and I don't want to see another can of stain as long as I live.  But now we have to do the entry and the living room.  And I just finished the Palmer/Pletsch four-week fit class with Marta Alto (one of the huge benefits of living in Portland).  I'll be reviewing the first of the four patterns that she helped me work through later this weekend.  And I'm nearly done knitting a new scarf which is beautiful and soft, and I'd better get it done soon or it will be too warm to wear until October.  So, see you back here soon, and have a great long weekend.

No comments: