Monday, November 22, 2010

We Part To Meet Again

I have a new pretty that I wanted to share.  Two weeks ago, Mr. flyskim and I spent the weekend in Hood River with sister-in-law V, her husband G-man and his cousins M and R.  (Don't worry.  I forgot my camera, so you won't be subject to the blog version of vacation slides in this post.)  I was just starting to get sick on Saturday (ask me how pathetic I've been the past 10 days, by the way), so the planned wine tasting was out of the question for me.  I compensated by shopping.  Two new hats, a couple of catnip toys, a Christmas present for my mother's dog, a new liquor decanter.  And this!

It's an old wax seal that has been imprinted into sterling silver.  Around the scissors is inscribed "We Part to Meet Again," and while I know this refers to people parting and reuniting, I love the scissor reference.  I haven't taken it off in days.

On the sewing front, I've all but finished Simplicity 2588.  It just needs a hem, but I'm wondering if I should bother as I don't think it suits me.  I'm going to take pictures and post a full explanation before the holiday.  Unless we can't dig out from the massive snow storm in the morning.  (Please note the sarcasm.  Nothing's sticking out at chez flyskim.)

No comments: