Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Best Laid Plans

So, here is what was supposed to be my Thanksgiving dress as it currently stands. It just needs a hem, and it's done. The problem is that I don't think that the skirt is particularly flattering.

Hmmm, now that I see a picture, it's not so bad. So confused now. And why did I bother to put on shoes?
I suspect that this is due to the fabric not having much (or any) body, so this goes at the end of my growing list of garments made with bad fabric choices.

I have to remember to stand further away from the camera.
The good news is that the pattern comes with a straight skirt option, and there is enough fabric in the skirt to make it. The bad news is that there is no way that this is going to be worn on Thanksgiving. I just don't have enough time between now and then to remove the zipper and skirt, fit the pattern, recut the skirt and reassemble everything by Thursday. So, we'll hit this hard again after the holiday, and I hope to have a new dress for my work team's holiday happy hour bash.

No comments: