Sunday, July 8, 2012

Cheaper Than Therapy

So, back in April, I shared pictures of the mud pit that was our backyard.   Well, this week, we put in the last of the plants, and I'm pleased to say that other than watering and weeding, the garden is done.  At least for now.  Just a reminder of how the yard looked back before we started.


Here is what it looked like after the demolition was finished.


And here's how things turned out.


These pictures were all pretty much taken from similar angles.  That first picture just cuts out the fence on the left.







As you can see, Bob is quite happy to be surrounded by vine maples and beauty berries.  Our summer has finally arrived.  Here in Portland, the weather doesn't really perk up until after July 4th, but we've been in the mid- to high-eighties for the last day or two.  I'm a terrible baby about the heat, so I've now been trying to figure out how to add air conditioning to the back yard so that I can spend more time outside.  Either that or I'll eventually acclimate.  I hope everyone's summer is going well.  Next?  More curtains, and I have a couple of dresses in the planning queue.

No comments: