Sunday, January 1, 2012

Dear 2011:

Well, that happened.

I'm sure that you thought you were a pretty good year, and for some people, you may very well have been.  But as far as I'm concerned, we're just going to have to agree to disagree on that particular issue.  We'll leave it at that because I'm also pretty sure that you took last year's letter to 2010 as a personal challenge even though I was as nice as pie (I don't actually think pie is easy at all, but it sure is nice, especially served warm with vanilla ice cream).

And 2012?  Your reputation has been preceding you for quite some time, so you don't need any additional pressure from me.  You just go and be whatever kind of year you're going to be.  I'll be in my basement if you need me, stockpiling emergency provisions.  And weapons.  Lots of weapons.

No comments: