Monday, February 14, 2011

My Heart to You is Given


Oh, do give yours to me.

We usually don't do Valentine's Day, but I need all of the holiday cheer I can get right now. For the occasion, here are five things that I love.


1. My little family. It might only be two people and two cats, but to me, it's everything.


2.  This bag.  The Kate Spade Washington Mews Large Marcela.  In Peacock.  I know that I just got a major handbag last summer, and I carry it every day.  But I can't see it transitioning to warmer weather.  Now all I have to do is figure out a way to fit this into my budget.


3.  London.  To paraphrase Gertrude Stein, America is my country, but London is my home town.  I've never been anywhere else where I've felt so comfortable.  Every time I go back, it's like I've never left.  Everything is just where my memory left it.  I unrealistically dream of retiring with Mr. flyskim and our cats here one day, and as soon as we hit the Powerball, we'll do it.  We might have to play more than once a year, though.


4.  Competitive reality shows.  Especially if the contestants have to model.  Or make something.  Anything where people have trouble separating themselves from the end product.  America's Next Top Model, Make Me a Supermodel, Top Chef, Top Design, The Worst Cooks in America.  You get the idea.  You will also note that Project Runway is absent from this list.  After last season, Heidi, Nina and Michael are dead to me.  I still love you, Tim, but I just can't have my heart broken like that anymore.


5.  Cake.  The food, not the band.  And not cupcakes.  Full sized ones.   You may think you love cake, but you don't.  You only like cake.  I loooove cake so much that I nearly married my wedding cake instead of my husband.  I love cake so much that I flove it.  

The one above is the cake that I brought to work today for Valentine's Day.  It's chocolate made from this recipe.  Totally easy although it does take a leap of faith to pour the boiling water in because this will not look like a traditional cake batter.  The icing is the one from the back of the powdered sugar box with raspberry puree added for flavor and color.  This is a work-in-progress because I never add enough sugar to keep the icing from being runny.  But it's delicious.

Anyway, those are my loves this year.  I hope you all had a wonderful day.

No comments: