Saturday, July 17, 2010

There is a Skeleton in Every Closet

And here's the one that's currently in my mine tucked behind my wedding dress.


In celebration of my recent promotion (and as an anticipatory reward to myself for not killing my dad while I'm down in California taking care of him for the next three weeks following his lung resection), I spent money.  I was not supposed to buy a new handbag.  I was most definitely not supposed to spend what I spent on it, either.  But it's pretty, and I can afford it, and buying plane ticket after plane ticket and traveling so much for not very fun reasons for the past three months has taken its toll.  I broke, and now I have a beautiful, new bag.

Now, because of all of my recent family-related expenses, I have been on a spending hiatus.  And I'm still supposed to be on one because the boy cat needs minor surgery, and that's happening next month.  So the pretty bag has to live in the back of my closet until September so that when I do pull it out, not only has my bank account fully recovered, but I can honestly say to Mr. flyskim, "What?  This old thing?  I've had that for months.  You just must not have noticed it."

Actually, I'm not really going to say that.  But I don't want any evidence around that I broke my shopping fast until after things have calmed down here.  I'll be updating from the dad's house over the next few weeks as I perform my daughterly duties of housekeeper, cook, bottle washer and chauffeur.  I've completed a number of new items and am excited to share them.  I'm also going to take the opportunity away from my sewing machine to catch up on some knitting.  Wish me luck.

No comments: