Sunday, December 19, 2010

What Have They Been Doing Down On The Farm?

You may have noticed that there has been a marked lack of sewing-related activity going on around here lately.  Chez flyskim hasn't been completely devoid of sewing.  I'm about halfway finished with Vogue 7937:


Still needs a zipper, a facing and a hem.  But that shouldn't take more than an afternoon.  There's a skirt that's in a very similar fabric in the Talbot's Spring 2011 collection that inspired me.

And I've pattern-fitted and made a muslin for the bodice of Vogue 8615:

Please excuse the grainy photo.
I'm ready to cut the fashion fabric and have my purchased petticoat ordered from Petticoat Junction.  I'm lucky that they're in Lynnwood, Washington so that I have a shot at getting it on time for Christmas.  And that this dress is a Very Easy Vogue pattern.  Once the fabric and the lining are cut out, it should only take a couple of hours to put together.  I have a back-up dress just in case, though.

So, what else has been going on around here?

A little knitting

Our friends S and V had a baby girl in October, so I've been hard at work on a baby blanket.  Full details to follow shortly.
A little baking

Mmmm, duded-up chocolate chip cookies with peanuts, peanut butter and cinnamon.
 I've been keeping my co-workers in treats all month long.  I started with a basic chocolate chip but soon moved on to brownies, toffee bars, toasted almond cookies and a chocolate, peanut and cinnamon cookie.  This week's offerings?  More brownies and toffee bars and some chocolate gingerbread.  But these are going to our neighbors, not to work.  Then it stops.  Seriously.  I've probably put on five pounds, and I'm cranky all the time.

A little tree trimming

How're you gonna keep the cat down on the floor now that he's seen the tree?
And a little light carpentry


It's a window seat!  Really.  It's actually completed now except for the staining, but I want to hold off on the reveal until we've had a chance to get the finishing done.  However, this is probably the most expensive cat bed we'll ever own.

1 comment:

Linda L said...

Gosh, you a multitasker!!! I love the skirt, beautiful floral print.